‘Hello, my name is Laura, and I’m addicted to downloading free books for my kindle!’
I have developed a huge addiction to the free side of the kindle. I think in a month i have downloaded about 40 free books, and my addiction is getting worse.
This year was meant to help me shorten my TBR pile, but at the minute all it is doing is growing.
Although, on the other hand, its free, not taking up any space and will keep me entertained. So maybe its not such a bad thing. Anyone with me?
I hope everyone is having a good Christmas and everything, but i just wanted to quickly share my bookish gifts. I am really lucky this year because i got some brilliant bookish gifts.
I got a calender bookmark set from my mum, so new bookmarks for every month of the year for me.
I also got The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins. I’ve been wanting to read this series for a while and I’m so glad ive finally got it!
Now to the big bookish news, i have a Kindle! i’m so pleased that ive got one, in fact im over the moon! So far, I’ve just downloaded a few books onto it, but that will soon change. So far,
- Broadmoor Revealed – Mark Stevens
- Dracula – Bram Stoker
- The Girl Who Couldnt Say No – Tracy Engelbrecht
- The Glass Wall ( #1 The Glass Wall) – Carmen Caine
- Frozen in Time – Ali Sparkes
- Hollowland (The Hollows #1) – Amanda Hocking
- The Golden Acorn – Catherine Cooper
- The Illad – Homer
- The Jungle Book – Rudyard Kipling
- A Tale of Two Cities – Charles Dickens
- Les Miserables – Victor Hugo
- Little Woman – Louisa May Alcott
- Grimms Fairy Stories – Brothers Grimm
- Wuthering Heights – Emily Bronte
- Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes – Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
Yes, you heard right, the girl who always said that Kindles were rubbish and pointless, wants a Kindle! I’m not altogether sure what has brought about this U-turn but I am really wanting one now.
I think it may have something to do with me running out of room for any new books. I simply cannot get rid of the books that I read once I have read them, and now I am really running out of space.
The idea of all the free books available to aswell is just brilliant. I know that some of the newer books are more expensive but it kind of balances itself out a bit.
I had a bit of a play on one in a shop too at the weekend and really liked it. It isn’t back-lit and found it very easy to use. I may have left it a bit late this year but i have been dropping abnormally large hints that I want one to my lovely boyfriend, so I’m secretly hoping that I get one.
I dont think it will totally replace my pape books, but its something to read along side them.
I will just have to wait and see!